Why Andy chose MAG-O to kick start his career.


MAG-O are reinventing traditional graduate schemes by pushing individuals even further to develop their talent, interests and future employability.

We offer graduates a scheme that operates on a six-month rotational basis, providing experience from various sectors of the business. Andy, a recent graduate In Business Studies from Liverpool John Moores University, accepted the offer for a place on our Customer Insights Graduate Scheme. I asked Andy what sets MAG-O apart from other graduate schemes; ‘The Customer Insights role has given me exposure to many areas of the wider MAG business. I was really impressed by the layout of the office space and the opportunities on offer. The scheme also allows me to apply for the secondment at the Manchester China Forum, a team based in Manchester setup by local businesses.’      

Andy’s first placement was with our growing Data Science team; ‘What have you taken from your time with Data Science?’, ‘During my time with the team I have developed my analytical and IT skills by learning how to use new technologies such as Power BI’. Andy has developed dashboards for the business which are used by MAG-O teams to assist in the development of our website and services; a great opportunity to get noticed by the right people.

‘Do you feel you are suited to the way of working here?’, ‘MAG-O has been the best fit for me in comparison to other schemes. I have the freedom to try out strategies that work for me, plus I’m a huge fan of aviation!’ Andy describes the environment as a ‘why not’ culture, a collaborative way of working that you can’t easily find in other corporate offices. Outside the creative hub of the office, Andy is an avid flyer and recently passed his private pilot’s licence.

‘What are you excited for moving forward?’ ‘Once my placement within the Data Science team is over, I will be moving to the Product Development team. I’m excited to start working on the PremiAir terminal which opens in mid 2019! Ultimately, I would love a full-time role within MAG-O.’

We’re looking for more passionate individuals like Andy.

If you’re a recent graduate or looking for a new challenge, keep up to date through our jobs page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Inspirational Story of Determination and Recovery

Food for thought in New York